An 84-year-old man in Mumbai died after a seven storey residential building in Santacruz east caught fire on Saturday. According to reports, the blaze was reported around 1:45pm on the third floor of the building. The residential building is named as Pride of Kalina in Sundar Nagar area.
Reports claimed that the conflagration was confined to the electrical wiring, fittings and installations besides the wooden furniture which emanated thick, dark fumes. The Mumbai fire brigade team hurried to the spot to control the flames. As the deceased person got trapped in the room, his flatmates opened the flat with a spare key.
Following, the fire brigade team cut off power supply, threw liters of water and then deployed fire extinguishers to douse the flames. Four fire tenders rushed to the spot. Nagin Patel, the victim who got trapped into the room was rushed to V N Desai Hospital, where was declared dead by the doctors at the time of admission.
According to reports, neighbours tried to douse fire with the fire extinguishers installed in the building. Police officials stated that it was a level-1 minor fire. They added that the short circuit might have triggered the blaze. The official further asserted that the fire brigade personnel reached the spot and put out the blaze within an hour. Reportedly, four fire engines, three water tankers were deployed into service.
Preliminary investigation into the matter revealed that the family members of the victim lived in a separate house and had appointed a caretaker for him, who used to look after him during the day time. He used to stay alone during the night.
The police official affirmed that an accidental death report was lodged at the Vakola police station. However, the police official denied any foul play in the unfortunate incident.
The post Mumbai: 84-year-old man dies after residential building catches fire in Santacruz appeared first on APN News.
For More News Read @Bharat18