Olympians Sakshee Malik and Bharang Punia said today, they will keep fighting for justice and that no wrestler has given up and will not give upon protest.
Both Malik and Punia denied the news of withdrawing from the protest, they termed it as rumours and also urged people not to spread false news. We have resumed our responsibilities in Railways, but we are also working on our plan, Sakshee said.
The wrestlers also met with Home Minister Amit Shah late on Saturday night to ask him to conduct a fair investigation into allegations of sexual harassment made against Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh by seven female wrestlers, which also includes a minor.
It’s been learned that Amit Shah assured the wrestlers that the law still applies to everyone equally. He reportedly said to the wrestlers, let the law take its course.
The wrestlers announced they were going to submerge their medals in the Ganga river in Haridwar last month. They claim that their complaint against the head of the wrestling federation has been largely ignored.
However, they temporarily halted their plan as farmer leader Naresh Tikait intervened.
Earlier on May 28 march, some protesters were taken into custody. The country was shocked and outraged when images of champions Vinesh Phogat and her cousin Sangeeta Phogat being detained by the police surfaced.
The Delhi Police announced that they would not be permitted to stage a protest at India Gate after the wrestlers were denied access to the Jantar Mantar protest location following the crackdown.
Meanwhile, Sakshee Malik’s husband, wrestler Satyawart Kadian, also joined her and said, neither we have made a concession nor will we back down. All of it is false, and we won’t end our protest. He added we shall continue seeking justice while remaining strong. To weaken us, false information is being broadcast. The entire country is against the Delhi Police.
For More News Read @Bharat18